Senior Software Engineer Microsoft .Net
.Net - Agile - C#
London, Permanent Contract
- Participate in our agile based software development life-cycle incl. development, code review and testing.
- Participate and contribute to requirement and design meetings for new functionality.
- Provide technical analysis when needed.
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform.
- Quickly assist with L3 support issues as and when required.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of development best practices.
- Share knowledge with more junior member of the team.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 10 years software development experience in an investment bank environment or at least 5 years .Net (C#) and Oracle SQL development experience.
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following ORMs: nHibernate, Entity Framework, Dapper (or custom in-house solution).
- Very good understanding of relational databases and SQL language.
- Track record of successful design and implementation of scalable and performant REST based web services as well as web socket-based services on a .Net stack.
- Strong knowledge of IIS and Windows Server (configuration).
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns.
- Strong interest in continuous improvement and all aspects of software development
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Strong understanding of test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Team City configuration and build automation experience a plus.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing. Comfortable interacting with front office.
- Good analytical skills; able to understand, formalise and explain complex problems.
- Confident numeracy and solid academic background in engineering, sciences or economics.
Why join Margo
- Ability to work within an international Consulting company, a leader within the industry in France.
- Ambitious projects in Financial Services.
- Permanent or Contractor.
- Competitive benefits; Health care, pension, bonuses.
- Opportunities for development (planning career paths, trainings, switch between projects, including changes of position, opportunities to engage in additional activities).
- Very good atmosphere of work, integration events.